We also have an opening for a ReStore Associate. The schedule is Tuesday – Saturday,9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The applicant for this position must also submit a cover letter and resume to habitat @ habitatrome.org by this Friday, July 31st to be considered.
General Purpose of Position: A ReStore Associate is responsible for a variety of duties (including running the register, pricing and displaying merchandise, maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck, loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer, and shopper experience in the ReStore.
• Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
• Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Reports To: ReStore Manager
Time Requirements: Full time, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and Licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
• Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
• Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
• Communicate customer requests to management.
• Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean, and adequate work equipment.
• Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
• Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
• Safely drive a 15’ box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
• Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
• Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
• Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
• Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
• Ability to exercise basic computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel and Google Calendar.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act: This position requires the physical ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. This individual must also have the use of all senses, to include, but not limited to sight, hearing, smell and taste while possessing the ability to stand, stoop, bend, grasp, and/or hold to complete warehouse, shop, showroom, and storage shed work. While the HFHDV offices are smoke-free and temperature controlled, some work may be in non temperature-controlled conditions, often outdoors. The position requires persons who are able to safely lift at least 50lbs on a regular and frequent basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.